No ranking of the below listed pointers. Just came up with them in this order.
1. When validating a page that has a future date set as both Date & Begin date, then it shall not appear anywhere on the "public" side of the website. But, will "pop-up" when the time and date is due. This is so that one can trigger news to be released without needing to click any button for it to release. I.e. Post future news/pages.
2. Full SEO support for Plugins with Title, Subtitle and Description support. All traffic is pulled today into pages but not in plugins like tags, search, events etc. This need to be changed.
3. More easily integration with Facebook & Twitter. Become more flexible and allow for visitors to share content.
4. Use CDN based jQuery instead of local file ( http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.4.2/jquery.min.js
6. Pull all reference to images out of the core and place them in skins. Allows for greater creativity by owners. For exemple:
arrow-right.gif & arrow-left.gif that are defined in core.
These are my thoughts of things that need to be changed and improved for a even better framework. As a webmaster for a large website, these are things that need to be addressed.
Take all that money that we spend on weapons and defences each year and instead spend it feeding and clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would many times over, not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace. - Bill Hicks