establishes cross-site interconnection between FaceBook and many other third party sites, one of which might be yours. It allows:
- Registering and logging into your site with an existing FaceBook account.
- Grab personal information from user's FaceBook account.
- Propose your site to user's friends via FaceBook.
- Track friends' activities on your site. Friends on FB are friends on your site too.
- Publish information from your site as FB user Stories.
- Provide your own FB user Actions.
- Use various Social Widgets on your site.
For more information and examples please read FaceBook Connect Wiki
. There are FBConnect plugins
available in other CMS. Why not make one for Cotonti? A must have for social oriented sites!
This is quite a big deal, so we propose it as a collaborative investment project. That means 3 types of participants:
- Investors are interested in using the plugin on their sites and are able to invest money into the project. Investors share expenses among each other which is much cheaper than if they ordered it personally.
- Developers are interested in working on the project and getting paid for it. They should have both practical interest in it and skills to implement it. There may be one or several developers.
- Project manager is person who controls everything: specification, cash flow, work progress and results. It may be either one of investors or one of developers.
Investors are likely to be people who run large community sites, or share personal information, or would like to become a FaceBook application provider.
Please post here if you'd like to participate in this project. As an investor you should tell how much money you can contribute (either in percent of total expenses or some absolute sum). As a developer please tell why you want to do it and what relevant skills you have. Or let us know what you think about this project anyways.