Форуми / Cotonti / Localization / Trunk Localization Updates

Kort
#12128 06.05.2009 22:15
Dear Pieter,
Trunk localization which I work on now is likely to be part of some Cotonti official release -- 0.1.0, hopefully 0.0.5. The main restrictions for that was that since the changes are many, they would require testing and user feedback. As of today there hasn't been any bug/misprint/inconsistency report (although I assume that developers/team/contributors would notice and report this immediately). So this gives me an indication that what I've done will be part of the nearest (next?) release.
Now, for the changes that I've made: it's all about optimization with no drastic changes. First off, I removed all (almost all?) duplicates from plugins and skin localization files. You might have noticed that by the filesize. Main.lang.php has gotten somewhat bigger, while sed-light.en.lang.php is now almost twice as small. Same with admin and plugin lang-files. Obviously, this required modification of tpl-files, so as long as you keep track of the changes you made in these for your site-specific needs, you won't have any troubles with this.
As regards trunk -> 0.0.4 compatibility:
1. Search plugin localizations are not compatible due to removal of duplicates from lang-files
2. Tags plugin localizations are not compatible due to removal of duplicates from lang-files
3. AdminQV localizations are compatible if you use trunk version of adminqv.tpl
4. admin.lang.php and main.lang.php are compatible with few minor problems
5. message.lang.php are not compatible due to core changes
6. sed-light.en.lang.php are compatible if you use trunk version of the skin
I hope this clarifies situation abit. I assume that once trunk localization becomes part of the official package, translation coordination would become easier. This is all I can say until we have a word from the team leaders.

REV. 724:
=========

Info:
Added: 1 string in sed-light.en.lang.php

Affected files:
/skins/sed-light/forums.topics.tpl

sed-light.en.lang.php:
======================
+ $skinlang['forumstopics']['Newpoll'] = 'New poll';

REV. 735:
=========
main.lang.php:
+ $L['Ontop'] = 'Top';
Affected files:
/skins/sed-light/footer.tpl
SED.by - создание сайтов, разработка плагинов и тем для Котонти

Відредаговано: Kort (05.06.2009 16:34, 14 років тому)