Personal file storage, user albums, attaching images and files, creating photo galleries on pages and posts
Module for CMF Cotonti.
Personal file storage, user albums, attaching images and files, creating photo galleries on pages and posts.
Module developer's website: https://lily-software.com/free-scripts/cotonti-files
The module combines the personal file storage of users, the file storage of the site for administrators, the management of avatars and albums of users, as well as the management of attachments to pages, posts and any other objects.
It is a replacement for the PFS module, the "User images" plugin included in the Cotonti "box" and the "Attach2" plugin.
So many people worked on the PFS module, the "User images" and "Attach2" plugins, and my work is the result and generalization of the work of all these people, so the Cotonti Team is the author of the module.
- Modern upload mechanism based on jQuery File Upload
- Support for multiloading.
- Dragging files with the mouse directly to the upload form.
- Downloading files in parts ("Chunks") allows you to bypass the 2 MB file upload limit via $_POST.
- Reducing large images to the specified size when loading.
- Using watermark for images.
- Simple integration via function callback from a template.
- Downloads are counted and occur with the original file name.
- Create images for preview (thumbnail) and easily configure it.
- Extrapolation support.
- Special BBCodes for inserting images and galleries into the text of pages, regardless of the selected parser.
#3. System requirements and limitations
- Installed Cotonti Siena version not lower than 0.9.18. (Files v. 1.0.0 is compatible with earlier versions of Siena)
- PHP version 5.3 and higher. Working with PHP version 5.2.x and below is not possible.
- Cotonti Lib library version 2.0.x installed on your site.
- The module is not compatible with the PFS module and the "User images" plugin. They should not be installed if you are going to use the "Files" module.
- Templates "in a box" are designed to use a theme implemented on the Bootstrap v3 framework (Installed separately)
Note. Due to the significantly different structure of the database and the way files are stored, the "Files" module will not automatically pick up files present on the site from the "PFS" module and the "User images" and "Attach2" plugins.
Data transfer from the "PFS" module and the "User images" and "Attach2" plugins.
If you want to use the "Files" module for an existing site, you should use a converter to transfer data between modules. You can order it here. At the moment, there is a converter for transferring data from these three extensions, because they are one of the most frequently used. But you can make a converter for any other module or plugin.
- Download the archive and unpack it into the folder with the modules of your site.
- In the "Administration panel > Extensions" menu, install it by clicking "install" button.
- In the module settings, select the settings that suit you.
- In the control panel templates "admin.users.tpl" and "admin.users.tpl" and also in some others, create tags in accordance with the recommendations on the module page in the control panel. (https://<your_domain>/admin/extensions?a=details&mod=files)
- If necessary, on the user group editing page, set limits on the size of the uploaded file, the total user file space and the maximum number of attachments per object. Each user group can have its own permissions.
- Note that the sizes are specified in bytes, '0' means "unlimited", and '-1' means prohibition.
- Create a directory for files on your server ("datas/files" is used by default) and set write permissions for PHP (for example, CHMOD 775 or CHMOD 777).
- Use Resources::setAlias() in your theme to declare aliases for Bootstrap files if you plan to use it and it is installed in a folder, different from the one in the Resources class.
Read more about usage (russian)
If you can't read russian, please feel free to ask me and I'll try to translate documentation to English.
Please use the Extensions forum to discuss plugin features and GitHub tracker to submit bug reports.