The way forum structure is organized in Cotonti/Seditio is very different from the way page categories are organized. Each nesting level is a separate database table and category location is determined by parent category ID.
Many people here suggest using the same structure as in page categories.
- Similar structure management of the whole site
- Edit several forums at a time
- Unlimited category nesting
- Simplified database structure
- Easy breadcrumbs
- An administrator will have to deal with 1.2.3 path in forums too
- A slight slowdown is possible due to linearized database structure