The plugin name speaks for itself: this tiny yet elegant plugin enables support for the well-known Gravatar online service for websites and blogs powered by the Cotonti framework.
#1. What is Gravatar?
Gravatar (Globally Recognized Avatar) is a popular online service that allows you to create and use your own avatars that follow you from site to site appearing in comments and blog posts.
As applied to the Cotonti CMF, the plugin provides the following capabilities:
- use of unique avatars for guests in the comments (coupled with the Comments for Guests plugin)
- use of gravatar as the user main avatar (selectable from the profile) in forums, pages etc.
#2. Gravatar Plugin Installation
Simple as usual:
- Download, unpack and upload the plugin into the plugins remote folder
Install the plugin from the admin panel
- Add "E-mail (won't be published)" or other message to your liking to the comments template(comments.tpl)
into the profile template (users.profile.tpl) immediately after the USERS_PROFILE_AVATAR tag
#3. Version History:
- 1.02 -- fixed error setting gravatar as a regged user avatar, added tag to be placed in users.profile.tpl
- 1.01 -- minor cleanup, added an option to replace blank.png with the default Gravatar image (overwrite all files and reinstall the plugin)
- 1.00 -- first public release
Test the Gravatar plugin in action at our Cotonti Blog Testbench