Forumlar / Cotonti / Development / Dates & Validations

A ticket I posted on Cotonti GitHub

GHengeveld
#30263 2011-07-22 11:46

This is a feature that is present in pages as a start date, but access isn't prevented in any way before the start date is reached. Currently only the news plugin uses this date to determine which articles to show. In LDU/Seditio this was the same.

I also would like to see this feature to be implemented correctly. Actually it is part of our plans to rewrite all major modules, which will take some time.

My idea is to have a 'traffic light' style validation sequence:
  1. Draft (author can edit) - red
  2. Pending (item is in validation queue, author can't edit, admin can edit or approve) - yellow
  3. Approved (publication date is in the future, item is automatically published when it's time) - green
  4. Published (item is visible on the site) - blue
  5. Expired (item expiration date is expired and no longer visible on site) - gray

Some steps may be skipped. For example an item created by an administrator can go from Draft to Approved instantly (skipping the Pending state), because he can approve it himself. The Approved state itself may be skipped if the publication date is the same as the creation date, because the item would be Published immediately. Most items will not ever reach the Expired state since they don't expire (this feature must be added).

Actually, it seems that the current implementation only lacks a check in lists. This shouldn't be too hard to fix, so I'll look into it.

Bu konu Koradhil tarafından düzenlendi(2011-07-22 12:08, 12 yıllar önce)