Forumlar / Unrelated / Offtopic / Cotonti, Genesis or whatever? seditio 125 >.>

Lombi
#16328 2009-08-21 06:37
Personally I understand your problems. It's hard to work if your base keeps changing.

But you must understand that this isnt going to be going on for ever. The main wish here is that we're moving towards 1.0 which is going to leave most of the obsolete logic (that's been unchanged since 2003) behind.

While this means that some things might get changed (for the better) in the following months it also means much higher possibilities for extensions and a better performance once the upgrade is done.

Leaving old obsolete logic behind and building something that's actually competitive to the other systems should be a huge priority if we want this CMS to be something, not just a "better version of Seditio".

Also please take into consideration that the reason that Seditio seems like a "stable environment" is solely because of the fact that there hasnt been a new version for, what, two years now?

If I turn specifically to the PFS engine, I cannot remember one single visible change from LDU 503 (when I started using the engine). So we've been stuck with it since 2004 (I'm just not sure if it changed before that) and we've only now begun to improve it.

Please dont think of this process as the system being unstable, but as progress and an evolution of a great CMS.
<a href="http://www.domenlo.com">Surreal Art</a>

Bu konu Lombi tarafından düzenlendi(2009-08-21 07:37, 14 yıllar önce)