Форумы / Cotonti / Extensions / Content Internationalization (i18n) of Sienna

Trustmaster
#28254 07.02.2011 01:33
It works as a plugin on top of page, structure and tags. After you install the plugin, you need to specify in its configuration locales present on your site and categories where you want to apply i18n. The original locale of the contents is considered as main/reference locale. Other locales' information is stored in separate tables, so it does not affect original pages/structure.

Once you've chosen i18n categories, you'd need to translate them first. To do so, go to Admin => Pages => Structure and click "Structure Internationalization" there.

To localize a page in one of your i18n categories, enter the original page there and click on "Translate" button. It will create a new translation in a locale you choose. After that you'll be able to edit localized page just as a separate entry.

If localizations are available for current category/page, they are presented in a list (Wikipedia-style). They have similar URLs but with l=LOCALE parameter added.

If tags plugin is used, localized versions have their own tags in their native language. Support for Search and News plugins is also included.
May the Source be with you!