How deep the changes in the API should be?

14.8% 18
13.9% 17
13.9% 17
57.4% 70

122 Дата 20.04.2009 03:09

Форумы / Cotonti / Core Labs / Archive / Опрос: Plugin API changes

How far can we go?

urlkiller
#11694 22.04.2009 02:09
i think a more developer friendly sql install should considerd as well as maybe upload packed plugins that get unpacked by the system. would make it far more manageble for the users after.

making a fresh start, heh! just shooting some ideas in the pool...

# maybe its cool to have a flexible config system. like a myplug.config.php that gets included auto. where you can define more and flexible new rules and settings for the plugin itself.

# more easy integration of the core features: tags, comments, ratings, textboxer etc. nice would be a cot_create_comments('bla','bla','bla'); on any of the functions.

# while working a lot with ajax its bad that always the whole page gets loaded. would it be possible to have special plugin functions for a second db conection for ajax content? or more like a build in ajax query on the db. where you can execute, edit, add entries?

# google apis java librarys!! can be defined in config and get's properly installed in <head>
i know jquery is there for me, but sometimes the jquery misses some of the kick other libs have...

# sql query injection sound a bit bad... i would like to see a more low -level programmer friendly sql query system. integrated and easier to understand left / right joins and etc.

query('table','field LIKE %BLALBA%','some more sql','ASC');

some sort of that, dont know. if you don't like its anyways cool for me.

# multihooking, cool!

# yeah, upload a rared archive and the system installs. no ftp crap anymore.

# auto chmodding of the files / folders. info from config file!?

# update function O_o cool would be if you had an external api connection where a file is checked if the installed version is still up to date. if the server is allowed he downloads the new file from server, if he's not allowed he simple announces that a new version is available. this would be very very helpfull in support and bugfixing because everyone would have the latest version. of course this would be a optional feature for very huge plugins. (iam talking here about how hard it was to keep track on every single usergal release.)

# quick question. we are not only talking about the installation syste here. in short we're talking about making the developer / designer API more aprehensive for any type of developer. if we would had a sort of toolbox like in most other distributions we would interest more low -level and high -level programmers to develop for cotonti, thus makes us more noticed...
to be true first i was missing the huge documentations on seditio but then after some days of code browsing i was thinking that this is some sort of very stable and reliable system. i was missing most of the integrated features from other systems, wich, of course made them more complicated. but what aout haveing cotonti offering a broad array of predefined tools.

not only this will help develop a new type of plugin. if its easy to code more plugins will be made. more ideas will flow into the project. the more recognised it will be.

ok that would be enough for today. maybe i got some more ideas. dont' start coding yet ;)
URL shortener: <a href="http://bbm.li/!7AD5C7">http://bbm.li/!7AD5C7</a>