How deep the changes in the API should be?

14.8% 18
13.9% 17
13.9% 17
57.4% 70

122 Дата 20.04.2009 03:09

Форумы / Cotonti / Core Labs / Archive / Опрос: Plugin API changes

How far can we go?

aiwass
#11624 20.04.2009 23:55
In my opinion, there are a few things that i think would be needed as standard parts of Cotonti, before any changes regarding API's etc.

Those things should be :
- Custommetas (The admin can set what keywords he wants on any pages, events, forums etc. he wants. SEO at it's best)
- Events & Calendar should not be a plugin, it should be standard.
- Trackbacks as well
- Related Pages (SeeAlso is a plugin today from LDU/Seditio)

When we talk about API's there should be a API that, at least in parts, work externally for other sites to integrate with your site (Ex. Youtube, Digg, SoundCloud, Facebook etc.). By thinking of this when work begins on designing an API for Cotonti, would make it more viable for future users and also be an incentive to plugin builders/module builders to create based on versatility.

If we go for Brand New, then the above stated would be made as standard, at least i think so. Maybe even go as far as stating that all todays plugins are standard features included and the API opens new doors and development concepts for integration and involvement of Cotonti based "Brand New"-Plugins.

I would even go as far to say that it might be the only way to separate from the old Seditio way of making, integrating and developing of new features, which is now translated over to Cotonti, as it is based upon Seditio-N.

Personally i would go for Brand New, since i love technology and smart new features, even though, those stated in the beginning are old as hell, but they serve a good purpose and they are standard parts of other CMS/Frameworks out there that are commitment/community driven projects.

Vote is BRAND NEW
Take all that money that we spend on weapons and defences each year and instead spend it feeding and clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would many times over, not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace. - Bill Hicks

https://evlear.com