Forums / Cotonti / Extensions / Color Usernames

Give each letter it's own look.

Lombi
#8568 2009-02-21 19:43
# TwistedGA : I bet you wont be using this code though..huh?

I might aswell put my editing tools aside until cotonti is finished 100%.

Between this and the quickedit, everything I'm doing is being redone by someone on staff...

Why waste time recoding what I already did when it makes perfect sense to use it. Minimal changes, in three files(including making it editable) and the ability to use any html you please for any effect imaginable.

What more could we need with it?

This code can allow users to edit their display names as will should the site allow it, I am on several forums that allow this but to me, its hard to keep track of who everyone is when people change names daily.

I'm sure it could also feature the ability to let a user choose what color they want for each letter from dropdown boxes. I have plans to add more to it, but for now, this is far superior to any CSS.

Please dont feel offended. The two improvements you've made are interesting enough that they are being considered to be very tightly integrated with the constnatly improving CMS. What you could do is maybe consider tackling any of the shortcomings in my signature link :)

# Kilandor : What I include will not be limited to just color's, it will support just nay html flat-out. But for the user editing (if admin allows) it would be limited to bbcode, and maybe more restrictive than that.

Using it in TPL like that is not acceptable as it would not work like that in every location.

Indeed, this could be improved vastly since it would allow the admin to make all sorts of design improvements that are group-based, like for example the way deviantart dispalys the usernames (char in front of username), which can't be handled by just CSS
<a href="http://www.domenlo.com">Surreal Art</a>

Dit bericht is bewerkt door Lombi (2009-02-21 19:44, 15 jaren ago)