Forums / Unrelated / Offtopic / A little time off

...because I have to work

oc
#13083 2009-06-08 17:38
Hi,

(This is not really "off-topic" but there is no place really to make this type of statements on our Forum)

I am a Cotonti developer for almost a year (maybe it is more/exact a year, i remember Cotonti opened sometime in summer) and I am a student.

Due to my educational activites and exhausting working schedule, I actually can't focus on my outer projects for a while. And I believe, if I am going to do something, I will do it fully or not do it at all (which explains why I did so few things in life, I guess..) Next year is my final year at my school and I have to pass on my exams not only for the 4th grade, also I have classes from the previous years.

So I have to study to be a graduate and to go to actual graduate school. So I have to focus on completely (almost completely) on my tasks, and this project, as for me, will be stalled.

This is not a rash decision, I've informed Trustmaster about this months ago. And he also agreed that education should not be neglected. I say this because some may think that I am bored or afraid to keep up and just "gave up".

I know I'm not the best or most active or most cooperative or average developer in the Team, and I'm sure that my absence will be filled soon enough (if there's anything to be filled of course:) -- seriously, I'm not trying to be dramatic or anything here) but for me, it was a very good community to be with and I am very glad and happy I met most of the people here.

I'm not fully getting of the picture, but I will be away for a while (which is supposedly to be a year or so) but again, I will check our news and progresses our great Team and Contributors made. Hopefully when I come back, there will be tremendous progress in the core and structure that even I have to study a bit to get used to.

In the meantime I hope the Team focuses on more progressive technologies like XMLRPC or whatever is better.

So, I closed my last ticket today and did my duty for the last time. I hope this community will grow larger and greater and accomplish its goals.

Also I think for the best, my status being Developer and Team member should be renounced because of the obvious reasons.

Take care all, and keep up the good work!