Forums / Cotonti / Support / No MarkItUP! or BB working on Cotonti Siena 0.9.4

lukgoh
#1 2011-10-20 23:11

Hey guys, 

Don't mean to bother you with something so stupid, but I can't work it out for the life of me. I am running Cotonti Siena 0.9.4 and even from a fresh install I noticed I had only an empty white input box in page add, edit, comments, etc. I have MarkItUp! installed and BB parser on and yet no text editor and no BB is parsed. 

Is there a simple solution I have over looked, for example something I need to do in the admin section? I would really like the text editor from this site. Oh I also tried uninstalling MarkItUp! and installed the other editor with no luck.

Thanks in advance, Luke.

pieter
#2 2011-10-21 05:36

Have you installed CKeditor too? If so, uninstall it

What is used here: admin.php?m=config#get;m=config&n=edit&o=plug&p=html

... can we help you ...
Trustmaster
#3 2011-10-21 07:21

You probably need to choose the default parser for your site and for pages as described here.

Another option is to use 0.9.5 because it picks a parser automatically when you install it.

May the Source be with you!
lukgoh
#4 2011-10-21 09:06

@pieter: No I only have markitup installed as I know two can cause problems and yeah markitup is used there.

@Trustmaster: I have gone through everything I can think of to make sure parsers and editor are selected/set up.

I was wondering, is it possible for jquery (I am using on the site) to interfere with it?

Update: I have tried a fresh install of 0.9.5 and have the same problem of blank white text areas on the default skins symisun-03 and Nemesis. 

Infact after reading this: http://www.cotonti.com/forums.php?m=posts&p=26272 I removed:

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.4.2/jquery.min.js"></script> 

from my header.tpl and I noticed that the slider I am using on my Index page stopped working. Is it possible that no JS files are loading from the {FOOTER_RC} and if so, is this a server issue?
This post was edited by lukgoh (2011-10-21 11:15, 12 years ago)
Trustmaster
#5 2011-10-21 11:21

Siena comes with jQuery 1.6 onboard so it conflicts your 1.4.2. You should look for errors in your browser's JavaScript error console to see what's wrong with the slider.

Also check page source in the browser to see if JS is present in place of {FOOTER_RC}.

Another thing: if you edit "welcome" page in blank install it is always a white textarea because that page has "none" parser selected (see {PAGEEDIT_FORM_PARSER} tag).

May the Source be with you!
lukgoh
#6 2011-10-21 11:33

Yeah thats the problem, no JS is present in replace of {FOOTER_RC} - I can see what should be there when I look at this site :\ 

I understand about setting the parsers though for pages, but its the same in comments and the forum. 

The strange part is, once I remove the link to googles jquery.min.js no java script seems to load on the site (I am also using a custom twitter feed script)

Update: It works only when I add: <script type="text/javascript" src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.6.2/jquery.min.js"></script>  to the header.tpl

This post was edited by lukgoh (2011-10-21 12:55, 12 years ago)