Forums / Cotonti / Support / Making Sed-Dark Wider.

pspfreak
#1 2013-03-22 01:16

I'm currently in the process of making the Sed-Dark theme wider. I've ran into trouble with the userbar. My CSS is this:

#header #userBar { width:580px; height:70px; margin:0 0 0 410px; line-height:30px; vertical-align:middle; padding:0 0 0 0px; }
#header #userBar a { text-decoration:none; }
#header #userBar .userBarR { float:right; height:30px; line-height:30px; vertical-align:middle; margin:0 10px 0 0; }
#header #userBar .userBarL { float:right; height:30px; margin:10px 10px 0 0; font-size:.9em; line-height:1em; }

Tell me what I need to change in order to fix the second "bar". My header.tpl is this:

<!-- BEGIN: GUEST -->

<div class="userBarR"><a href="users.php?m=auth">Login</a></div>
                    <div class="userBarL"><br><br><br><font color="white">Welcome guest! I see your not registered! Why not </font><a href="users.php?m=register"><font color="green">Register</font></a>?</div> 
	                <!-- END: GUEST -->

<!-- BEGIN: USER -->
                    <div class="userBarR">{HEADER_NOTICES} {HEADER_USER_ADMINPANEL} {HEADER_USER_LOGINOUT}</div>

<div class="userBarL"><br><br><br> &nbsp;{HEADER_USERLIST} | {HEADER_USER_PROFILE} | {HEADER_USER_PFS} | {HEADER_USER_PMREMINDER} </div>
	                <!-- END: USER -->

I know that the <br> probably shouldn't be used... but I guess it works.

To view what I'm talking about go to

http://ipodtalkcenter.com/beta

Twiebie
#2 2013-03-22 10:47

I'm not sure what you mean with "change in order to fix the second bar".

But a problem you are going to run in to is that <div id="header"></div> has a fixed background.
http://ipodtalkcenter.com/beta/skins/sed-dark/img/SED-Dark_HD.gif

It would be much better if you would give the individual bits (#navBar, #userBar, etc, etc...) their own background.
This way their background can stretch along with the content inside.