Forums / Cotonti / Bugs / different info when logged in or out

ez
#1 2012-01-21 11:23

When i log out.... i see different list in Recent forum posts then when I am logged in.. ????

This is very strange.. and tells me that I cannot trust the output of this part (in case of if its the most recent or not ??)

==- I say: Keep it EZ -==
uznik73
#2 2012-01-21 11:37

Maybe guests are not allowed to see certain sections of the forum?

Sorry for my poor English
pieter
#3 2012-01-21 13:09

As guest you are not allowed in unrelated.

That's why it is not displayed when logout.

... can we help you ...
Dyllon
#4 2012-01-21 13:55

I believe it also goes by which language you speak (in terms of which country you have selected in your profile). To my knowledge when you are logged in it blocks the language forums, and I'm assuming when you logout they are displayed since Cotonti doesn't know which language a guest speaks. 

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit.
ez
#5 2012-01-21 14:20

thnx Pieter, that will be it....

Still why should unrelated be hidden for guests ???? ( we are an open platform right.. )

Maybe a category called 'membersonly' would be more clear :D

Trustmaster
#6 2012-01-21 16:33
#32853 ez:

thnx Pieter, that will be it....

Still why should unrelated be hidden for guests ???? ( we are an open platform right.. )

Maybe a category called 'membersonly' would be more clear :D

Yes, it would. Can anyone point somewhere this section should be created?

About language filters, it filters out national forums except for those which are in your current $lang.

May the Source be with you!
ez
#7 2012-01-21 21:34

Tricky... you would like to have that possibility everywhere... and not be stuck to categories..

So maybe it should not be a section or anything.... just maybe it should be an option for each topic thread.. ???
To make the complete thread Membersonly.. (And make that very visible to the users that it is hidden from guests)

Just my thought here..

kinda like the: "Mark this topic as private:" option.. but slightly different

GHengeveld
#8 2012-01-22 12:06

Basically what you want is rights per item, so the owner (topicstarter) can configure who to share the topic with. I made a generic API for that a while ago. I've put it on Github: https://github.com/GHengeveld/cot-share

Right now it consists of 2 functions which are similar to cot_auth().