Forums / Cotonti / Support / Intelligent menu

tensh
#1 2011-02-23 17:10
One thing I miss in Cotonti is menu that shows you where you are with different item css style. e.g. when you are in "Home", it highlights the "home" link.
I think I can use for this "location" and "sublocation" variables? Will I have access for these variables in header already? (so that I can make the plugin hooking to header)

And why the pages don't have sublocation?
aiwass
#2 2011-02-23 18:08
You can use {PAGE_CATPATH} and {LIST_CATPATH} and then add a div class to it to achieve that effect of highlighting where the user is located. I use them on my site, but not with any effects or alike.
Take all that money that we spend on weapons and defences each year and instead spend it feeding and clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would many times over, not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace. - Bill Hicks

https://evlear.com
Kort
#3 2011-02-23 19:06
Не doesn't mean highlighting breadcrumbs with a color. What he needs is a capability to highlight a nav item depending on the location. Using xTemplate you can highlight home item, forums and plugins (PHP.z, PHP.e etc). The Highlight plugin lets you highlight navigation parent category items when you view the lists or pages inside these:
http://www.cotonti.com/downloads/plugins/general/highlight-plugin
SED.by - создание сайтов, разработка плагинов и тем для Котонти
This post was edited by Kort (2011-02-24 00:11, 13 years ago)
tensh
#4 2011-02-23 19:29
Yes, this is what I was looking for :)

(BTW, it doesn't work for forums in your sandbox site?)
Kort
#5 2011-02-23 19:33
That is a matter of the way you set it up. Sandbox is for demo purposes only, so one category is enough. As regards forums, highlighting them is easy with xTemplate. You've got enough variables to play with: z, m, s. Highlight Plugin was made for lists and pages that are much harder to highlight in a simple manner :)
tensh
#6 2011-02-23 19:49
How would you recommend highlighting a specific plugin in the navigation menu?
Kort
#7 2011-02-23 19:55
z == plug, e == contact
And then you might use a, m or whatever is there
This post was edited by Kort (2011-02-23 20:24, 13 years ago)
tensh
#8 2011-02-23 21:49
Thank you very much :)
Kort
#9 2011-02-23 22:25
Oh, you're most welcome.