Forums / Unrelated / Offtopic / Language in Topics

scriptor
#1 2009-11-30 21:01
Is it possible that russian Topics are only set in the Russian Section? For me that i know only German and a little bit english is it very Stupid to see Topic names and Contents in Russian Language. I don´t know what it is. For me as User is it not really attractive! So please wrote it in english.
[url=http://www.freak-forum.de]Freak-Forum.de[/url] - The Freakstyle Community<br />
[url=http://www.adelmann-solutions.com]adelmann-solutions, webdesign Freiburg[/url]
pieter
#2 2009-11-30 23:00
They are all in the Russian section.
Or almost all.
... can we help you ...
donP
#3 2009-12-01 06:28
Also comments in many parts of the website are full of russian language, like here:

http://www.cotonti.com/docs/en/plugins/auth_system

I think we all have to make an effort to speak English forever and ever, expecially in common parts of the site, so we can share much experiences on every aspect of Cotonti and speed up its growing...
in [color=#729FCF][b]BLUES[/b][/color] I trust
GHengeveld
#4 2009-12-01 07:42
The use of russian throughout the site is something that has been annoying me for quite some time. It's fine to have a russian subsection, but it preferable to stick to english for the rest of the site. Also I'd like to see the russian topics not be displayed in recent topics.
ez
#5 2009-12-01 16:04
Agree on all of the above..

At least try to write it in english... (even when its bad)
Or I saw some guys take a spoiler for the russian language
==- I say: Keep it EZ -==
Kort
#6 2009-12-01 16:21
# Koradhil : The use of the russian throughout the site is something that has been annoying me for quite some time.
The Russians are the backbone of the developers team. Unlike the others, "the Russians" spend most of their free time contributing. So you better have some respect and choose your wording, mate!
SED.by - создание сайтов, разработка плагинов и тем для Котонти
donP
#7 2009-12-01 16:42
I think nobody disrespected the Russians and all of us know well that most of the Developers are from Russia.
But I think if we want Cotonti is accessible from all over the world we must try to speak English, even about stupid things related to Cotonti, so they are accessible to everyone and also novice users can help development with their observations arising from the direct use of the CMS.
in [color=#729FCF][b]BLUES[/b][/color] I trust
Kort
#8 2009-12-01 16:54
No offense. I'm just talking about stupid ideas like this:
Also I'd like to see the russian topics not be displayed in recent topics.
SED.by - создание сайтов, разработка плагинов и тем для Котонти
This post was edited by Kort (2009-12-02 13:21, 14 years ago)
Kingsley
#9 2009-12-01 17:36
It is indeed not disrespect against the Russians. It's just that the translator thingy does not translate Russian to english (or any other language) very good. Although it's sometimes funny to read those translations, it also makes it difficult to understand what the topic is about.

It's the main reasons why I do not read Russian posts. So from that point of view I support this statement.
But I just skip the Russian posts, I too see no reason to block them out of recent items.
ez
#10 2009-12-01 17:49
No offense meant from me too..
But I would really like to read the russian topics, because there could be something interesting in there.. ;) (There are some developments with an alternative editor, and some other stuff i really would like to follow)
But like kingsley says, the translator doesn't work that good.. so it is hard to follow these topics. So if everybody could try to write english, this would be GREAT...
(I know that english can be a problem for some..)
==- I say: Keep it EZ -==
Kilandor
#11 2009-12-02 03:07
For the most other languages are kept in their forums. The only area we really care about is The core "Cotonti" Forum section, which we try to keep mainly english. Outside of that we have no real problems if something is posted in another language. As they are more General Sections.

Of course if we have no section for a language, we would prefer they use english