Forums / Cotonti / Support / Markitup question

medj
#1 2009-02-06 12:06
Hello, I have been a member of Neocrome for quite some time and was glad to hear about this new project you guys call Cotonti. I have tried it on my localhost and I think it is great so far. I can't wait to try it with one of my sites some time.

Anyway, I had a quick question about Markitup. Hopefully you guys don't mind helping me out here. I just wanted to test it out with a regular static site of mine. I got it to work and everything. The problem is that I seem to see a small circle beside each of the buttons (bold, italics, ..., preview). It seems this could easily be fixed by applying "list-style: none;" to the li element. This doesn't seem to work though.
Has anyone here ever had this problem and knows what is wrong?
Kilandor
#2 2009-02-06 13:25
I've not seen this before but, It sounds like possible conflicting CSS maybe.

What Browser are you using? And can you provide a screenshot of this?
medj
#3 2009-02-06 13:44
I use the latest version of Firefox 3.

Here is a screenshot:
Trustmaster
#4 2009-02-06 14:12
It is a custom skin that you use, isn't it?
May the Source be with you!
medj
#5 2009-02-06 14:48
Actually, I just installed exactly what I downloaded.
I'm using the simple skin.
pieter
#6 2009-02-06 17:03
We had this too.

This is because the textboxer uses ul and li.

You need to change this in the CSS.
Maybe make a new entry for the textboxer.

What do you mean with "the simple skin"?
... can we help you ...
medj
#7 2009-02-08 11:03
Sorry for the late reply.

What I meant about the "simple skin" is that I chose to use that CSS style for the textarea.
I have this in my header:
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="markitup/skins/simple/style.css" />

What I find strange is that when I look at the CSS file, I see the following code.
/* first row of buttons */
.markItUpHeader ul li	{
	list-style:none;

So maybe there is another problem here.
Kilandor
#8 2009-02-08 14:06
Do you have a link to your test site?

If so I could look at it in firebug and check the CSS etc. Or if you have Firefox download the Firebug Extension. Then find and click on the div for makritup. It will tell you the CSS thats being used from it, whats inherited, and what file/lines its on.
medj
#9 2009-02-09 05:08
Thanks for your guys help. Really all I needed to do was think a bit.
I disabled my own stylesheet that I was using and I noticed that the problem went away.
I found in my CSS that I had given the li element margin and the disc list-type.
Although, the reason I didn't think of this from the start is because I saw that the markitup stylesheet had the CSS to disable any list-type image.

Anyway, all is good now. Thanks again.