Forums / Cotonti / Support / Smilies seemes limited in number

HarryRag
#1 2009-02-05 14:06
Loa all,

At first, got to say i really like Cotonti with all it's featueres....

Under Seditio i was able to fill my smilies up to over 200 different pieces, with any problems, 254 to be excatly

So form that behavior and what our members where used to have for a smiley list, i tried adding all of them, that have been a pain in the ass by editing set.js and the en.js langfile for smilies located in /images/smilies/

After being done and adding all items to those files, i came to a big anti climax.

The smiley button or makeitup didn't work, so tested some more and more.

The limit of smilies seems to be only 20 pieces

, what the heck is that limitation for, that should be a free setting to have if someone would like to use more smilies that should be out of the box, if it slows down a forum, that is the owner of that forums their choice.
sorry for being a bit hard on that, but think a force limitation on this isn't that nice to have.

Having 21 smilies added to the smiley .js files, causes in not working of the smiley icon of makeitup, and not poping up the smiley popup..

How can this be fixed so that a user of Cotonti can add more then just that 20 smilies, found nothing in the database with searching on smili and the lines in the core files of which contain smiley stuff and have that "(20)" at the end of the line don't seem to react on increasing that number.

I'm out of idea's for how to increase the smiley amount that can be added, would like to have some advise on thisone please?

HarryRag
[center][url=<a href="">http://www.true-gamers.nl]True</a> &amp; Honest Gamers[/url][/center]
Trustmaster
#2 2009-02-05 14:47
I did not notice that when I was coding smilies. Though I didn't test so many of them. But obviously it is a bug. Could you send me your huge smiley pack so I could test on it and fix the bug?
May the Source be with you!
HarryRag
#3 2009-02-05 20:20
On the first hand, please don't read my first post to offensive (find myself a bit hard in some parts of it), was a bit upset/sad after all the hours it took of reorganising my whole smiley list, with that ammount that takes some time and was happy i finally was done with that list (really boring work ;-) ).

But can send you a link with my smiley pack and all its files, will provide the link in a pm.
But it already wasn't that huge anymore (as i used on SED), cause of the size and layout of the popup i removed the to large in size smileys and some out dated looking stuff, and kept a 130 max ;-)

Extra sidenote on the smiley popup:
// Editor dialog display properties
var smileBox = {
	width: '450px',
	height: '300px',
	perRow: 10 // Smilies per row
};

The "Height isn't working, "width and perRow" are triggerd properly.

[update]
Pm with info and link send
[center][url=<a href="">http://www.true-gamers.nl]True</a> &amp; Honest Gamers[/url][/center]
This post was edited by HarryRag (2009-02-06 03:53, 15 years ago)
Trustmaster
#4 2009-02-09 03:45
You have mistakes in your set.js at lines 612, 633 (dot at the end of line). Also at line 794 replace bier-proosten with bier_proosten, and the same is for en/en.lang.js at line 114.

Height property doesn't work because of a bug in jQuery UI. And honestly the dialog is not very good on its own.
May the Source be with you!
HarryRag
#5 2009-02-09 08:13
Thnx for the help, didn't see it myself anymore.
All sorted now.

Seems to be a tricky file.

Hope the UI will get fixed then some day, but as long as it works it works.