Forums / Cotonti / Extensions / Quick Edit

Edit posts/comments without leaving the page.

TwistedGA
#8335 2009-02-19 08:38
Hey guys, this marks my first post, hopefully a good one and not in the wrong area of the forums. I'd been working on building my forums using sedito 1.2.1 and since everyone kept telling me to, I finally jumped ship and came to Cotonti... :D

I'm still learning to code by the minute and trying to get back into the swing of things. I wanted to upload the first thing I implemented into my cotonti forums upon setting them up, a Quick Edit feature. This is NOT a plugin, but a Core HACK. I wasn't really sure where to put it, so this seemed a nice spot, move it if needed.. :)

As the thread description says it, users and administrators may now edit posts and comments without leaving the page it's on. Being that my forums are just getting setup and have very few SQL columns, I can not test it in full swing. I would really like to get some people to test it out for me in it's current state while I finish the rest of the code. All that's really left is finishing up allowing editing the topic title, description and tag cloud. The code for that is about 75% right now and will be included with the next release. Until then, you can click the [~] symbol to open the original editor for editing these items.

If you download this and try it, please leave feedback with your thoughts, be it good or bad. Thanks for reading, heres a screenshot and the download link. :D

//link removed, new release available.

[color=#CC0000]Lazymod[/color] [color=#000000]Studios[/color]
This post was edited by TwistedGA (2009-02-21 04:39, 15 years ago)