Forums / Cotonti / Support / Trying to update from Genoa, red fatal errors big time.

streetlegalmods.com

singh336
#38577 2013-11-24 20:18

thank you , thats a pretty big deal haha.

I'll do this, on my mirror site and let you know how it goes through, very good info to know !

Added 40 minutes later:

Okay I've done all of that, on a new mirrrored site. gom.streetlegalmods.com

I uploaded a fresh copy of Genoa 6.25 on the ftp, uploaded my datbase to a new database and made sure it was 6.25 updated.

Then I connected to that datbase in the config file, made sure all was well. 

The site worked perfectly, of course no extra plugins were there...

I then dropped Siena files over the Genoa in ftp... then I dropped legacy files over all of that... then I chmodded the config to 666.

Went to install.php and it loaded for a quite a while, which is good im guessing.

Then we have these errors here..

not NEARLY as many as before, thankfully.

SQL error 42000: Syntax error or access violation: 1103 Incorrect table name ''

#0  cot_diefatal(SQL error 42000: Syntax error or access violation: 1103 Incorrect table name '') called at [/home/www/gom.streetlegalmods.com/system/database.php:568]
#1  CotDB->query(SHOW INDEXES FROM ``) called at [/home/www/gom.streetlegalmods.com/system/database.php:306]
#2  CotDB->indexExists(, tag_area_item, Array ([0] => tag_area,[1] => tag_item)) called at [/home/www/gom.streetlegalmods.com/plugins/tags/setup/patch_0.9.14.inc:5]
#3  include(/home/www/gom.streetlegalmods.com/plugins/tags/setup/patch_0.9.14.inc) called at [/home/www/gom.streetlegalmods.com/system/extensions.php:98]
#4  cot_apply_patches(./plugins/tags/setup, 0.0.0) called at [/home/www/gom.streetlegalmods.com/system/extensions.php:498]
#5  cot_extension_install(tags, , 1) called at [/home/www/gom.streetlegalmods.com/modules/install/inc/install.update.php:179]
#6  include(/home/www/gom.streetlegalmods.com/modules/install/inc/install.update.php) called at [/home/www/gom.streetlegalmods.com/install.

Added 5 minutes later:

I'm assuming that this needs to be fixed first before anything can happen? IT seems the config.php has not been modifed by the installer script since its still showing the old genoa stuff like "default_skin" and not "default_theme" etc...

I shouldn't try to edit the config sample to make it work right? I should find out how to fix the above errors first I am assuming?

Added 10 minutes later:

it looks like its saying there is a blank table name in line 568 of the database.php but im not sure what to do with that, and if i fix that, am i supposed to do something with the errors below that?

Added 26 minutes later:

Of course I am wrong, because in the file this is what I see

catch (PDOException $err)
        {
            if ($this->_parseError($err, $err_code, $err_message))
            {
                cot_diefatal('SQL error ' . $err_code . ': ' . $err_message);
            }
        }

So how to go and fix the error im not sure if there was something else I was to do

<a href="http://www.streetlegalmods.com/">http://www.streetlegalmods.com/</a>
This post was edited by singh336 (2013-11-24 23:49, 10 years ago)