Forums / Cotonti / Support / CoTemplate Help

fraze
#34910 2012-07-09 20:39

Hi

I've got some issues with CoTemplate statements...

I have created an extra iserfield for the site i've built that lets them choose which class they play in-game.  what i'd like to be able to do is that when they choose a class the CoTemplate picks up that class and shows a div.  This is what i've got but when i use it, it loads all of the divs, not just the one shown by {USERS_DETAILS_CLASS}

<!-- IF {USERS_DETAILS_CLASS} = 'Heavy Assault' -->
<div class="heavy"></div>
<!-- ENDIF -->
<!-- IF {USERS_DETAILS_CLASS} = 'Engineer' -->
<div class="engi"></div>
<!-- ENDIF -->
<!-- IF {USERS_DETAILS_CLASS} = 'Infiltrator' -->
<div class="infil"></div>
<!-- ENDIF -->
<!-- IF {USERS_DETAILS_CLASS} = 'Light Assault' -->
<div class="lighta"></div>
<!-- ENDIF -->
<!-- IF {USERS_DETAILS_CLASS} = 'MAX' -->
<div class="max"></div>
<!-- ELSE -->
<div class="noclass"></div>
<!-- ENDIF -->

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Added 6 minutes later:

i just realised i'd only put one '=' - with '==' in the statements....nothing shows up.

Added 4 minutes later:

ok i've fixed the problem...

http://www.cotonti.com/docs/ext/themes/xtemplate_introduction is wrong.  it shows that the following statement will work as an example:

<!-- IF {USER_DETAILS_NAME} = 'Mark' AND {PHP.g} >= 6 OR !{PHP.error_string} --> <div>The expression is true!</div> <!-- ELSE --> <div>The expression is false!</div> <!--END:TEST-->

where it actually needs to be

<!-- IF {USER_DETAILS_NAME} == "Mark" AND {PHP.g} >= 6 OR !{PHP.error_string} --> <div>The expression is true!</div> <!-- ELSE --> <div>The expression is false!</div> <!--END:TEST-->

had to re-read the article 3 times to make sure I wasnt missing things while reading...

at least its sorted :)

This post was edited by fraze (2012-07-09 21:03, 11 years ago)