Forums / Cotonti / General / Future Genoa

Dyllon
#31997 2011-12-12 13:59

Ez,

It's understandable to keep things simple, and gradually improve the core; however, the Siena branch has been around for quite some time now providing ample time to update plugins and themes. Most of the plugins people are requesting are included in the default package of the Siena branch (or achievable quite easily), and even then.. developing plugins for Siena is not that different from Geona.

To try and keep Cotonti from moving to object oriented code is silly; It is the future, and the next best thing. I don't seem to understand why it will shy away php programmers from Cotonti. Realistically any new comer to Cotonti is going to have to invest a good amount time learning how it is structured. The first time I looked at Wordpress.. I was completely lost, but any good programmer will pick it up in time.

The only underlying problem I am finding with the Siena branch is the lack of theme developers. Which it can be hard to find willing, and skilled, template designers/coders. I personally find both Siena themes extremely unattractive, and even more so the Geona themes.

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit.