Forums / Cotonti / Development / wholy crap... slowness ?

cotonti slow.. ???

GHengeveld
#30779 2011-09-20 12:03

I think you're missing the point in the definition of 'not stable'. The word suggests that the software causes unexpected and random bugs. However in this context it's used to mean 'not proven to be without bugs'. In practice it means the software is 99% stable, but since improvements are still coming up regularly, it's not acceptable for high-load, popular websites. I think the core is stable enough, it's mainly the modules that still have some bugs. Personally I think Siena is already stable enough for 90% of websites.

The page creation time is the time it takes PHP to generate the page (from incoming request to flushing the html to the browser). The browser calculates something entirely different, namely the page load time. The page load time is the sum of the request time, page creation time, download time for the html and download time for all the other resources (css, images and javascript), in that order.

Aparently the problem with the load time on cotonti.com is caused by the loading of resources, not the page creation time. This means it has nothing to do with the engine. Siena or Genoa, it won't make much of a difference.

Judging by the screenshot urlkiller posted, it's caused by the javascript consolidator that generates a 1.3mb file. It will take some time to figure out why it takes so long to load, and why the file is that big in the first place.