Forums / Cotonti / General / Siena

Kingsley
#28294 2011-02-09 21:31
Oh, it's not the adapting Im worried about, but there are so much possibilities in this system already, and I imagine that will only be more once Sienna is here.
I am asking this because, in all fairness, you have to know alot about php too (and it's strings) in order to fully use it.
The lack of documentation (being from existing possibilities to what will be new/changed added) draws me to conclude it (Sienna) will be meant for the more professional community members.

Don't get me wrong, in the years from Seditio to Cotonti I have grown fond of the system and it's fairly relaxed community. But as Cotonti grows, we (my clan) does too. I have been looking around, and it occured to me that other cms do a lot more when it comes to plug-ins. The support for it is wider.
As you can read on the frontpage

cotonti web:
The community itself is also set to be changed. We intend to aim at a more professional audience and we're working on a new website for Cotonti.com.

it is safe to assume that this means that the variety of plug-ins will stay stable and the professional users will either write their own plug-ins, or make paid ones. Now I do not mind paying, but as my last purchase showed, you almost never buy a complete thing, or it interferes with other plugins, which make one of the two unusable.