Forums / Cotonti / General / Commercial plugins and their visibility on this site

Kort
#24652 2010-05-21 18:37
Dear tensh,
We do not make big money selling plugins here at cotonti.com. However, we supply high quality stuff as free downloads. In most cases these are commercial plugs that we share with the community or plugins that we from the very beginning write to share (and we do not request any backlinks for the free stuff, unlike your "open source" fellows). So I do not see any reason why our commercial plugins can not be placed together with the free ones.
1. If you do care about the visitors searching through the plugins area, why would you want them to search twice -- in the commercial plugins area also.
2. Noboby's cheating noone by offering commercial stuff. If you think so, its your funeral. Many normal Cotonti users choose to pay for a job rather than spend weeks or months waiting for "open sourcers" to fix a bug or finish a plugin (and in most cases free sed/cot plugins are low quality trash). You having enough time to wait doesn't mean everybody does.
3. It is 100% normal to order commercial stuff if you're happy with the price/timings. We do it ourselves also to save time or if we are unable to provide the required quality.
4. Cotonti is a webdesigners tool rather than an all-in-one free end-user package. If you can't do the job, you should have an option to hire a person that can do it.
5. Change your attitude.
6. I apologize if I once again accidentally hurt somebody's feelings.
SED.by - создание сайтов, разработка плагинов и тем для Котонти