Forums / Cotonti / Development / DHTML Js Calendar

A friendly GUI to fill date fields

booka
#24449 2010-05-04 05:11
I think I can agree with EZ...

I understand that core development is something away from User Friendly religion, but it must be Plugin-maker Friendly. All modifications, like date pickers or something must be done without changing of the core.

From the other hand - most of developers told about how to achieve more clients, how to apply our CMS to more sites. To do that first off all it must be user friendly, it must support auto installation like Windows or Mac installer, it must be flexible and support things that didn't require any coding just from the box: Galleries, Blogs, Forums, Forms which are not required any reloads etc. And for sure it must has a lot (about 10 to 20) perfect WEB 2.0 skins just out from the box. Look at this site - even it doesn't looks good, Neocrome.net looks much better for now.

I'm not a perfect coder and I'm not perfect skinmaker - so you can freely forget about my thoughts. But for example - right now I need to start new ecommerce project. I can install Magento - spent few month to optimize it for local realms or find some coder to do that. But I can go to WebAssyst Shop-Script - it has less functionality - but it is easy, it has a lot of user friendly things and I can just download and begin to use it. Yes - it will cost some money, but how much money I can loose while playing with heavy code even if it can provide me with more functionality?

Добавлено 3 Минуты спустя:

I now Cotonti since LDU... Totally from my point of view (user) - nothing changed in general. It still looks like something made on kneels - it has a potential and can be used to run GREAT sites, but it is not something attractive from marketing point of view. Looks like it lives for itself - to be fastest, with minimum weight, with big potential, but...
booka