Are you ready to switch to HTML parsing permanently?

83.3% 65
1.3% 1
15.4% 12

78 Date 2010-04-14 00:49

Forums / Cotonti / Development / Poll: A global switch to HTML parsing

Are you ready?

tensh
#24225 2010-04-20 16:40
Cotonti database is really small compared to other CMSes, so I would not be worried here.

I also don't get why multi-parsing is difficult...

As it is now, we have a "Normal parse/HTML" toggle, and in database: the input text field and the field for parsed result.
The only thing is that if I choose "HTML parsing", the HTML isn't filtered but probably put directly into page_html as well.

So why we can't just process the form through HTML Purifier on submit with the HTML turned on?

The next thing would be adding additional database table - "page_parser", which would tell us how the page was saved - using html or bbcode. When switching the BBcode/HTML toggle on page add or page edit, ajax would refresh the page submit form with a different editor - on HTML it could be a WYSIWYG editor, for example. Also, because of "page_parser" remembering which parsing was used, next page edit would display an appropriate editor (either bbcode or html).

As for other fields (description, etc)... they could use a plugin to enable additional parsing using custom-created extra fields for those who would need it. Or the extra fields itself could have a mechanic allowing a parsing method.

I write it just after creating a plugin "page-menu", in which I wanted to place a custom page menu displaying anchors to some headings in a page. As I input a pure html to an extra field, it was just displayed on the page without parsing. I had to create a plugin getting that field and putting it through sed_parse().