Are you ready to switch to HTML parsing permanently?

83.3% 65
1.3% 1
15.4% 12

78 Date 2010-04-14 00:49

Forums / Cotonti / Development / Poll: A global switch to HTML parsing

Are you ready?

donP
#24198 2010-04-19 04:28
# urlkiller : what about having the editor as an plugin so the user could use regular html if he can do it from scratch but if you want that nice editor you would need to dl the plugin.
Module, not plugin.
I'll wonder if one user (maybe also an experienced one) would write pages in HTML from scratch! :O
I think also good webmasters would use WYSIWYG editors and only make corrections to resulting HTML code...

# urlkiller :this way you could get around the additional 500kb so far i voted for a package less than 500 kb...
there should be enough hooks in the header for inserting the plugin the easy an smooth way.
it could be in the release version but maybe also as a additonal plugin.
Why all these problems for only a 500kb addiction? :/

urlkiller:
plus you could choose wich plugin you would like to use.
see if you got already bbcoes in your forum, its ok. install the bbcodes plugin. you wish to use html support, its ok too, install the html plugin.
This would be a pain in the ass! Still more job for Core (understand the appropriate parser used in that area, and eventually reparse content) and more wasted space in database (to store bbcoded text and parsed html content).

And I continue to say that conversion would be very simple, with a one-line script, also for 100k pages or forum posts...
in [color=#729FCF][b]BLUES[/b][/color] I trust