Forums / Cotonti / Skins / Cotonti Skin Competition

Support thread

oc
#17178 2009-09-21 16:40
OK, so my thoughts so far (Yeah, like I have any say in any of this, since I come by once in two months lately..)

Really, before everything, this is just dumb critism, I'm not a designer, in fact I'm terrible at it, so calm down, this means nothing.

So it begins.. I have to say, why do we only see the index scr? Index is surely important but I'd like to see the forums, content page vsvs also. Like, since 2002, Seditio/Ldu has same layout for forum, article page, etc.

And also I was put out by the attendance numbers, ok, designers do much money from some projects, but this is our (not mine actually, I am a very cheap mofo--also I don't have much money, not relevant) humble budget.

..dot..'s:

Very best so far, but even though you use tabbing, you couldn't manage the fit the "Trac Tickets" and "Polls" to your theme. But I loved the colors you used, even though It can be more lighter, but you should set a limit, we wouldn't want a second "seditio light" :)

Koradhil's:

Well, honestly, I would probably use this on my site out of the other options, because it looks so damn clean i can't put it anywhere, but it looks very much like the Drupal.org theme to me, which's not really making the best competition candidate.

robofreak111's:

Come on, man. What is this? Did you do this with MSPaint? You got to do better than this. And also it's not the best color preference.

Stam's:

Mate, first one looks a lot better. I would say you should work more on the first one. Which makes me realise, I like dark blue hues. And what I liked about the first one was, the very visible search part, which actually is the most important part of an internet site.

So anyway, this is my thoughts so far. Hopefully the best one will be picked up, good luck to everyone!