Forums / Cotonti / General / Trouble with using same user table on two sites

using two or more domains to show unique content

Lombi
#12079 2009-05-05 16:54
Well what you could dois really simple. You stick all your sites into one database, effectively giving each one their own prefix (instead of ldu_ you do site1_ or something in this matter)

So then you share auth, users, pages, forum_topics, forum_sections, forum_posts which will make all the sites use them (same users across all sites, same pages and forums)

After that you just set each news setting as you want it and you're done.

I'm doing something similar myself (sets of three domains sharing the same pages, with different designs) so I can confirm this is fully working.

# singh336 : A quick question about upgrading also. When upgrading to sedito, how strict is the process ? Do i have to go and manually change each thing it says in the documentation on neocrome to do so? Or can I skip some steps here and there because I wont be staying with that version, I'll be going to cotonti before releasing it public ? Thanks !

First of all you run the ldu8xx to seditio 100 upgrade script. Then you run all upgrade scripts you can find that go to 12x. After you do that, you follow my video tutorials and you should be fine :)

What you will need to do however is apply the skin changes that were made from ldu to seditio. There's not many but you'll need to do them.
<a href="http://www.domenlo.com">Surreal Art</a>
This post was edited by Lombi (2009-05-05 17:00, 14 years ago)