How deep the changes in the API should be?

14.8% 18
13.9% 17
13.9% 17
57.4% 70

122 Date 2009-04-20 03:09

Forums / Cotonti / Core Labs / Archive / Poll: Plugin API changes

How far can we go?

GHengeveld
#11703 2009-04-22 05:54
At first I thought you were talking about an API to allow communication between Cotonti and other websites (facebook etc.), but then I read your post saying it isn't about that. I was disappointed to read this, because I would really like to see such functionality, but when I continued reading I found out it wasn't so bad, because the API you're talking about is also something I'd love to see.

I voted Brand new, because I feel there's a lot that can be done to improve the current system, but it's better to start over to prevent clogging the code. Also I think there are improvements that will need an entirely different base to work with. Even though the current hooks system is quite conveniënt and works well for most applications, implementing an entirely new system could make things much easier for us.

I think the new system should be mostly about keeping things easy and simple, so developing a plugin will be easier. The code required to 'install' a plugin and hook it up should be kept to a minimum and should also be well documented. I'm not so much into the technical details of implementing a system like this, but I've seen some welcome ideas in previous posts that I would like to see implemented.