Foren / Cotonti / Support / Potential Cache issue

cache_page / cache_index related

aiwass
#39525 19. Mai 2014, 16:30

From a test yesterday and today shows that if you run both $cfg['cache_index'] = TRUE; // Static page cache for guests on index and $cfg['cache_page'] = TRUE; // Static page cache for guests on pages and categories, it will render any updates or content that is to be released (future date) to not show when the date pasted. Meaning that once the future date becomes a already past date or time and it should appear, it doesn't, meaning it doesn't take into consideration the changes made on pagelist or recentitems.page.index (Recent_Pages). Shouldn't it do that?

Because if it doesn't take into account the new pages or changes or updates that are public, then there might be a flawn, in my opinion. Since trying to make your site load as fast as possible is damaged or hindered considerably when you can't cache as much as possible, yet have a bit of dynamic-ness left for new content to be shown.

I might be out, riding my bike on this one, but it feels like there should atleast be a cronjob or somekind of sensor triggering the new pages to appear and create a new cache, including the new content. New content is only shown to a logged in user, yet shows in both sitemap.xml and rss feed for guests, but not on the site when the above two cache values are set to TRUE.

If this indeed is a flaw, bug or an enhancement, then I will create a ticket for it, I just want to pick everyones brains a bit first.

Take all that money that we spend on weapons and defences each year and instead spend it feeding and clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would many times over, not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace. - Bill Hicks

https://evlear.com

Dieser Beitrag wurde von aiwass (am 19. Mai 2014, 19:17, vor 9 Jahre) bearbeitet