Foren / Cotonti / Support / Tips for better performance with Siena ?

Upgraded to Siena from Genoa, using much more resources than before

singh336
#38983 16. Januar 2014, 17:34

Hey, 

A couple months ago I upgraded to Siena from Genoa 6.15 or something like that. I since noticed a huge decrease in overall website performance, load times etc.

Before the upgrade our usage was around

30-60% CPU load hourly average / daily average

200k Hits daily

I'll post some screenshot stats here so you get an idea. 

I'm wondering what actions can I take to increase the performance? I am not saying this is all due to Siena, but I just plainly have not had an issue until the upgrade. Maybe its all by chance.

What I did so far:

• I've minified and combined CSS and JS via the control panel
  • I've disabled all hit / refferrer statistics that I could plugin wise (I miss having the latest weeks activity on the admin home page though)
  • I've optmized all images that I could within the sites design.
  • I went through the top 10 KB File Usage list to see what files were / are using the most bandwidth, I fixed some serious problems that way but that was more to do with bandwidth which is not a HUGE concern, but still something I want to control and I'm happy at the level I am at now, about 200-500GB per month, it fluctuates a lot for whatever reason.
  • I checked the top list of most used files and rc.php which handles the css and js etc is pretty heavy, didn't know what to do there.

I understand I can't fix everything and even though I can make some more additional changes, it may not be worth what I give up in order to do so.

I just moved to a slightly better server, I want to see what I can do without spending too much more on hosting because my budget for hosting isn't very much at this time.

Any help is appreciated

Added 11 minutes later:

plz delete this is a duplicate, my mistake.

<a href="http://www.streetlegalmods.com/">http://www.streetlegalmods.com/</a>

Dieser Beitrag wurde von singh336 (am 17. Januar 2014, 05:44, vor 10 Jahre) bearbeitet