How deep the changes in the API should be?

14.8% 18
13.9% 17
13.9% 17
57.4% 70

122 Datum 20. April 2009, 03:09

Foren / Cotonti / Core Labs / Archive / Umfrage: Plugin API changes

How far can we go?

Elgan
#11998 3. Mai 2009, 08:47
i still didnt vote.

however for now. SKimming through, All i see is for an update.

new functions etc. Nothing really drastic or inspiring. just sed_ functions. WHich can be added and used to enhaunce plugins. Then make them more powerful. I find the trouble, have done in the past with not being abole to hook where i need to.

I never used 125, but since cotonti and the install,uninstall thing, Ive finally been able to create some install scripts. Don't forget you can clear plugin body to get yourself a fresh page. Load tpls etc still if need be. I think its safer to not just load an SQL file. Now we have part install. We can do that from there if we wish. I give the user an options.

I also find myself recreating admin panels within the plugin. Something should be done about this.
We should have more access to groups, and auth systems. ive recreated groups in my admin panel ice created. With auth systems that are editable for the plugin. Now thats fair enough. ironicly the groups etc and admin panel is probably neater in my plugin than all spread around cotonti.

but what im trying to say is. In order to create the groups, and the rights system, i just borrowed code from cotonti. However i copy/pasting and slightly editing functions that are only found within admin pages of sed/cotinti and we have no access to as a developer. for example the rights parse line. Ive copied and used in my functions.php. I call it from categories and from groups to just parse the rights pulled from the rights table.