Forums / Cotonti / Development / The problem of Themes

Round table about themes for Cotonti Siena

GHengeveld
#31787 2011-12-02 22:28

Thanks for the clear and constructive criticism guys, it's really appreciated. The community issue with Cotonti has been on our radar for a while and is really starting to become a major thing. We have realised that our aim for a more 'professional' audience isn't really the right way to go. The development of Siena has been mostly focussed towards making such 'high-end' users happy, by introducing a lot of complex (and very powerful) features. I think it's time to focus on the actual end-user again, which doesn't necessarily have programming knowledge. This means writing good documentation, but also making installation, configuration and maintenance easy for everyone.

As for the tags repository, it's part of the documentation. Personally I simply lookup a tag in the PHP code itself if I need to know about it, but obviously that's not for everyone. When I was a novice coder (back in the LDU/Seditio days) I remember really liking the tags repositiry. I think it's a crucial feature for many developers, so I also think we should introduce it again. However, it will need to be actively maintained and structured somehow. Perhaps we'll need a dedicated module for it in which you can store info such as blocks and descriptions.