Forums / Cotonti / Development / Dates & Validations

A ticket I posted on Cotonti GitHub

aiwass
#30237 2011-07-18 21:46

There should be an option to automatically post items/news/pages with a date set forward in time, just like Wordpress and all other CMF & CMS has.

Today, you can't create a page and set a date for it to be published in 2-3 days time, automatically, since if you validate the page, with it's forward date, it still shows up in Lists and when you click on it, it says "This page will be published in 13 hours and 34 minutes."

This is stupid, above, since If I want a page to go "LIVE" at a certain time, I don't want it to be "sneak previewed" in a list, I want it to be invisible until it's release, i.e. the time & date has passed, and I want to be done automatically.

Wanted Scenario:
1. Create a page and set the date 2011-07-31 10:00 GMT
2. Put in Validation que and edit it so that all dates & times are the same as above
3. Publish it/Validate
4. The page disappears from Validation Que and doesn't show up in any list, rss or alike until the time has come.
5. At 2011-07-31 10:00 GMT the page appears in it's category in all it's splendour.

Current Scenario:
1. Create a page and set the date 2011-07-31 10:00 GMT
2. Put in Validation que and edit it so that all dates & times are the same as above
3. Publish it/Validate
4. The page APPEARS in the category list, rss or alike with the text "This page is published in 13 days 13 hours 2 minutes". NOT GOOD
5. At 2011-07-31 10:00 GMT the page appears in it's category in all it's splendour and that stupid text disappears.

If this option can be fitted to Cotonti, it would make it much more flexible and one doesn't have to babysit the site all the time, since one can publish items that would appear in the future, making it much more appealing to a wider audience.

Ps. I have 2 times before asked for this functionality and it's high tide to implement it!

Take all that money that we spend on weapons and defences each year and instead spend it feeding and clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would many times over, not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace. - Bill Hicks

https://evlear.com