Enables you to filter comment, forum and other spam with your choice of services (Akismet, Defensio, Typepad Anti-Spam)
1. What this plugin does
- Filters comment, forum and other spam with your choice of services (Akismet, Defensio, Typepad Anti-Spam). Comment and forum spam filtering is disabled by default. ( It is not recommended to use non-custom adapters for filtering if you use plugins that alter the extension you are filtering spam on. This could have unexpected results unless you know the specifics.)
- Provides an administration tool to manage items marked as spam.
- Allows you to filter spam in your extensions.
- Add your own section adapters to enable your extensions to use the spam moderation queue when filtering spam.
- Decide which spam service you wish to use. Register at the service you choose to use and obtain an API key. Akismet (http://akismet.com), Defensio (http://defensio.com), Typepad Anti-Spam (http://antispam.typepad.com)
- Download, unpack and upload the spam_protection plugin folder to your plugin directory.
- Install the plugin in the administration panel.
- Go into the plugin's configurations in the admin panel and select your spam service and enter your API key.
- Check to see that everything is configured to your preference.
- The rest is up to your spam service and you can find all spam items caught in Administration -> Other -> Spam Protection
3. Adding spam filtering to your extensions
An example of what it would look like to add spam filtering to your extension:
require_once cot_incfile('spam_protection', 'plug');
$spam_data = array(
'content' => $msg['text'],
'authorname' => $usr['name'],
'authoremail' => $usr['profile']['user_email'],
'authorid' => $usr['id'],
'authorip' => $usr['ip'],
'date' => $sys['now'],
'section' => 'guestbook',
'data' => array(
'guestbook' => $msg
$spam_check_result = spam_protection_check($spam_data);
// Item was returned as spam
spam_protection_queue_add($spam_data); // Add to the moderation queue if you want. Not required.
See https://github.com/xerora/cot-spam_protection#spam_protection_checkdata for more options to pass.
Go to https://github.com/xerora/cot-spam_protection or spam_protection/docs/README.htm for further documentation.